Tree Church & Labyrinth Walk
Designed to show how an instant garden can be created using a Tree-Spade, the Tree Church gardens and Labyrinth walk is a welcomed retreat from society. Trees used in the construction of the Church are:
- Alnus Imperialis – Cut Leaf Alder (Roof Canopy)
- Leptospernum – Copper Sheen. (Walls)
- Camelia Black Tie
- Acer Globosum
- Thuja Pyramidalis
- Extensive gardens
- Off road car parking
- Labyrinth walk
- Areas for photographic opportunities
- Shaded area under a large canopy
After travelling the world and being a keen observer of Churches, Barry Cox decided to construct a unique Church of his own using living trees and utilising his Tree Spade. (Treelocations) After starting construction in April 2011, the Tree Church Gardens are now available for public visits and private events. Come and enjoy first-hand the living Church, the labyrinth walk and the extensive gardens for your viewing pleasure, photographic opportunities or private events.
Gardens open from 18/10/2015 to 8/5/2016. Admission $10 per person. Closed for winter. Reopen 15/10/2016 to 18/4/2017. Admission $15 per person.
No visits on Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Open Sundays and Tuesdays 10am – 4pm. No booking required. For groups & events on other days please phone for bookings. For all Private Events please Contact Us to secure a booking.
Q: How many does the church seat?
A: 100 people.
Q: How much does the venue cost?
A: $2800 from 8/10/2016 to 29/04/2017.
$3500 from 9/10/2017 to 30/04/2018.
Q: How much seating is there under cover?
A: 60 people.
Q: Can we have a picnic?
A: Yes, but no food or drink in the Church or the immediate surrounds.
In The Media
- The man who grew a church from trees – Stuff.co.nz
- A New Zealand Landscaper Created a Storybook Chapel Out of Living Trees – Slate.com
- This Guy Spent 4 Years Growing A Church From Trees – BoredPanda.com
- This Man ‘Grew’ a Church From Living Trees – Yahoo.com/makers
- Retreat from society’ dream backfires as tourists flock to fascinating church – TVNZ.co.nz/seven-sharp
Conditions Of Entry
- No dogs.
- No smoking.
- Children to be supervised at all times.
- The church is not a playground and is to be treated as you would any other church.
Booking Form / Terms of Conditions