After travelling the world and being a keen observer of Churches, Barry Cox decided to construct a unique Church of his own using living trees and utilising his Tree Spade. After starting construction in April 2011, the Tree Church Gardens are now available for public visits and private events. Come and enjoy first-hand the living Church, the Labyrinth walk and the extensive gardens for your viewing pleasure, photographic opportunities or private events.
The TreeChurch and gardens are currently closed for winter.
We reopen 24 October 2017 – 31 March 2018.
Admission is $15 per person. Children under 12 not permitted unless by prior arrangement with the management.
Open to the public Sundays and Tuesdays 10.00am – 4.00pm no booking required.
Groups and Private Events by appointment only – please Contact Us for a booking.
No dogs and no smoking please. The TreeChurch is a place of quiet contemplation – we request that all visitors treat the area with the same respect they would any other Church.
The TreeChurch and gardens are a tranquil setting for weddings and events.
In The Media
- The man who grew a church from trees – Stuff.co.nz
- A New Zealand Landscaper Created a Storybook Chapel Out of Living Trees – Slate.com
- This Guy Spent 4 Years Growing A Church From Trees – BoredPanda.com
- This Man ‘Grew’ a Church From Living Trees – Yahoo.com/makers
- Retreat from society’ dream backfires as tourists flock to fascinating church – TVNZ.co.nz/seven-sharp
For directions to the TreeChurch please click on directions in the white box on the map.